Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Relapse

So Monday I woke up feeling unbelievably grim. At first I tried to persuade myself that if I could just get into the office for a few hours I could get what I needed done for tomorrow's major all-day meeting.

As I attempt to get up and realise that a) I'm running a temperature again, b) my joints are aching horrendously, c) the glands in my neck are swollen to the size of golf balls, d) I have no voice and e) I feel like utter shite; it starts to dawn on me that not only do I have no chance of going to work today, it will need a miracle to get me there tomorrow.

So I manage to croak a few instructions to my secretary, send an email covering meeting logistics for tomorrow and disappear back under the duvet feeling like death warmed up.

Tuesday is no better and Tuesday night brings no sleep as a constant hacking cough keeps me awake.

Wednesday morning is possibly the worst yet. I ring the office again; this is no 48 hour thing.

Man I feel like shite. The only thing keeping me going is sipping down Covent Garden soup.



The only things that bring any relief to my misery is the chocolate that Sally bought (diet be damned, I'm ill and it melts in the mouth) and the fact that I'm wearing in my bright pink pumps, which are just about bright enough to raise a faint smile.

Heaven knows I'm miserable now...

Dear lord I hope I haven't given this to anyone else. Sally Stuart, K etc - shovel those vitamins down.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh honey...that's miserable. Hugs, lemsips, toddies and anything else that might help either real or virtual heading your way. Maybe even a prayer or two??
Feel better soon xx

Rachel said...

Yuk. That all sounds awful. I hope you feel better soon and manage to rest. I'll let you know how the "wicked" book is - it started good and has slowed down a bit in the middle section which I'm ploughing through!
Take care & hugs! xx

Dave said...

Get well soon - I've just had to go out and buy Neon Bible because of you incessant name dropping. If you can get hold of it try taking Olive Leaf Extract - looks disgusting but seems to work brilliantly for what you seem to have.

Caroline said...

hug hug hug hug hug
and hot toddies.

get well sooner than soon
love you loads
xc

carmilevy said...

I'm crossing my fingers that you feel better real soon. Visiting from Rainbow Dreams, and I hope this kickstarts you on the road to recovery.

sally said...

Oh, it's all my fault....I always suspected I made people sick..now I know...

sally said...

i have addded a pic to ym blog..does it now appear with my comment? Just testing...

sally said...

No :(