Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Progress

I do pick up the odd cold, but usually I feel bad for a day or two and then bounce back pretty quickly. I can't remember the last time I've been off work for more than a day or two.

I was starting to get rather worried about the fact I didn't seem to be getting any better, but in the last 24 hours there seem to have been glimpses of recovery.

I saw the doctor again today and he wants me to take the rest of the week off, but at least it feels like the end might be in sight.

Didn't stop a well meaning work colleague sending me a whole load of work by email and 'helpfully' letting me know a web ortal through which I can access my work emails. Part of me says ignore both and concentrate on getting fully better. Part of me says if I could at least do a few hours a day, I wouldn't be facing such a complete mountain on Monday. Of course another part of me feels guilty about being off and thinks I should certainly start on the most urgent items.

I think I'm going to do denial for once.

La, la, la, now where's that copy of Heat magazine got to?

2 comments:

Merlin said...

Take the time off. Denial is good. I just wish I could do it, email seems to beckon me. Hope you continue to improve

sally said...

Don't you dare do any work. I am amazed you haev ahd two weeks off!!! The last words you said to me as I left were, 'I must be ok for tomorrow, I can't afford to take a day off...' but Liz, God had another plan for you right now...trust Him....