Sunday, December 18, 2005

Oz at last



Another lazy morning and afternoon. IM isn’t feeling great, so settles for watching me wrap a mountain of presents. I can’t imagine gift-wrapping is much of a spectator sport, but he seems happy enough.

Later on we put the Wizard of Oz on in the background and from behind my mountain of paper, ribbon, bows and sticky tape I see it from start to end for the first time ever.

Now I know it will come a s a shock to you to discover that anyone can get to my age and not have seen the Wizard of Oz, but that’s just the way it is. My parents didn’t really do TV on Christmas Day so…

Anyway, with this childhood wrong now corrected we go on for an evening snuggled up in front of The West Wing and 100 Greatest Christmas Moments accompanied by reheated tagine (the dish that keeps on giving…).

No comments: