Thursday, March 09, 2006

Xfm



As part of my current regime of 'better mental health through improved radio listening' and anxious to put any thoughts of "oooh wouldn’t DAB in the car be good?" on the financial backburner, I’m hopeful about the soon to launch Xfm Manchester.

Whilst the playlist will almost certainly be more of my liking and the presenters surely less inane, puerile, stupid and downright irritating than Chris Moyles and co, I’m not looking forward to the adverts. Still hopefully it will be a small price to pay.

Of course for the last week or so, I’ve had the best of all worlds, as Xfm undertake their test transmissions – continual playlist and next to zero chat.

So on one hand I’m looking forward to the launch of what I hope will prove to be an excellent listening alternative. On the other hand I kind of wish they’d extend their testing for a month or two...

No comments: