Monday, March 13, 2006

Beetham Tower



A building with the highest residential living space in the UK is currently being constructed in Manchester and I note its progress on my daily commute.

I can’t help thinking it’s out of proportion with the existing space, especially as it’s not even close to the other tallish buildings in the city.

Still the slender form and glass architecture is eye-catching and I’m sure a major selling point of the upper level apartments will be the stunning views afforded.

Then again I can’t help but wonder if the planners fully took into account the infamous Manchester climate. It’s not the first time that the upper half has been lost in cloud.



I suppose living amongst the clouds could be an experience in itself.

Just a rather damp, limited visibility one.

No comments: