Thursday, September 09, 2004

The best laid plans...

In going for a curry last night, I had forgotten that I was also due to go for a curry tonight.

Even this doesn’t go smoothly as the Punjab is closed due to a problem with their gas. We go to the Sanam instead. Stew’s Lamb Achari is good (though a bit hot for him – wimp!), but my Chicken Shashlik is decidedly odd and unappetising (tip: dunking a chicken breast in lemon juice isn’t really the same as marinading it now is it…). Disaster is also narrowly averted as I stop Stewart absent-mindedly helping himself to my Peshwari Naan. Not that I mind the food theft (I left half of it anyway), but not the best choice for someone with a nut allergy…

So overall, a decidedly average meal – and a reminder as to why we keep going back to the Punjab.

Then again the Matthew Perry look-a-like in the corner was a bit of a plus though…

No comments: