Saturday, July 24, 2004

No great surprise...

...but it seems that UKIP MEP, Godfrey Bloom is wrong.

But then I suspect I'm not his type of woman given I have just single handedly pulled out the old, dead fridge-freezer, walked it through the house and out to the side of the house for the council to pick up.

I was however, slightly apprehensive as to what I would find behind the beast, after all it probably hasn't moved from when it was first installed nearly 11 years ago (my how time flies!).

So what did I find? Just a little bit of dust - hardly anything to get excited about. A quick flick of a damp cloth and it's all ready for the new appliance.

Heck even the grill thing at the back had virtually no discernible dust on it.

So my conclusion? Well Mr Bloom is wrong on so many levels, but I'll add this one: no one needs to clean behind the fridge 'more'. It simply isn't worth it.

Oh and those manufacturers who tell you to hoover the grill regularly to aid efficiency - well they're talking crap as well. Probably men who think their wives should do it...

No comments: