Saturday, August 04, 2007

Meals on Wheels



A pile of festival work is sitting glaring at me from my inbox and To Do list; so in between household chores it’s nose to the grindstone time.

Hopefully if I can break the back of it today, then I can have most of tomorrow off.

Well that’s the plan and one I need to stick to; even when certain lovely friends text with news that K has just cooked one of her infamous lasagnes.

Oh lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way very nicely thank you.

Summoning up all possible will power I resist and stay in, head in the laptop, ploughing away at the fast diminishing pile of actions.

Another text arrives.

"Meals on wheels. With you in 30 minutes."

Ah man, I know some lovely people.

As I munch through a sizeable portion of the amazing lasagne, we sit and chat. A perfect break from the toil. P&S can rest assured, instructions for my ‘care’ at this time of year are being very ably followed.

2 comments:

GBug said...

Wow... clicking on the 'care' link... I can't believe I missed the accusation of an affiar with you back in January! Damn. could have SO much fun with that.

Roll on monday (darling)

xx

1 i z said...

Lol! And I had to check surrounding posts to see where the accusation came from...hmmm it was Arcade Fire week.

See ya Monday my lover.