Friday, August 17, 2007

Retro-blogging Part 3



I was going to head down to London mid-afternoon, but the traffic website told of two hour delays on the M6 in Staffordshire. Predicted to clear by early evening, it seemed like a good plan would be to use the opportunity to clear more of my deak and head down after the rush-hour.

Trouble is the predicted clear time just kept going back and back.

I head off around seven, but it's nearly ten before I get past the chaos.

I phone Stuart and suggest if he's not doing anything this weekend, it would appear that V Festival are in need of a traffic manager.

Whereas some festivals get grief if the roundabout immediately outside their perimeter is backed up for the shortest period, other festivals appear to get away with bringing the whole of the north west midlands' road network to a complete standstill for an entire afternoon and evening...

No comments: