Sunday, April 01, 2007

Be careful what you say

I hadn't checked my 'referrals' for a while, but in an idle moment the other day I had a quick scan.

How strane think I, that someone would google on so specific a phrase as: "The lead singer and driving force behind Cherry Ghost, looks like a better looking (let's face it, it's not hard) Mark E Smith, the bassist like Bob Dylan's twelve year old nephew and the guitarist like Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's younger brother".

Intrigued I click the second google return where my words, for yes I fear I did write the above, appear in their entirety. Imagine my surprise on discovering that it's the My Space page of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls' younger brother himself, aka guitarist Jim Rhodes.

A pertinent reminder perhaps that we never know who reads these blogs.

Still the fact that Jim has taken my words (from a less than entirely flattering gig review) and used them as his bi-line, suggests he's taken it in good spirit.

Those Fearnley-Whittingstalls lads are true gents...

1 comment:

Merlin said...

The searches to your posts are always sooooo much more interesting than mine. Possibly says something about our respective blogs