Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Wisdom of Anbesol

It seems to me that adults can be divided into three clear groups:

  1. Those who never got their wisdom teeth

  2. Those who got their wisdom teeth and suffer untold pain every now and again due to the fact that the average mouth clearly doesn’t have the space to accommodate these extra nashers

  3. Those who got fed up with being in category two, so went through extreme pain having them removed and spent two or three weeks doing hamster impressions and taking their nutrients through a straw, in order to sneak in undetected into category one

Now I’ve not met anyone in category one that suffers any noticeable disadvantage due to not having these additional teeth and I’ve not met anyone whose wisdom teeth came through without any problem whatsoever; so what, I ask is the point?

Obviously however, I’m having to type this question as my ability to speak coherently is currently hampered a little by a swollen gum and dull, throbbing ache in the rear of my mouth.

Ah well mustn’t complain. I’ll end with the only geek joke I know (which I’ll dedicate to King Geek Pab and Tera-Geek Shaun): there are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don’t.

No comments: