Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Ouch

The ear infection is definitely back. Will power alone makes me fight through the pain and make it into work, but by mid-afternoon I can take no more and head home in agony.

I manage to get an emergency appointment at the GPs, but having to sit in the waiting room for 45 minutes is horrendous and for the first time in my life I realise what it is to nearly pass-out due to pain.

Reluctantly I have to accept a course of antibiotics is necessary and much as I usually tend to avoid painkillers, the two sets of superstrength ones that the doc prescribes are very welcome. They take a while to kick in and in the meantime I spend the evening on the sofa not so much sleeping as passing in and out of consciousness.

It’s quite late before I manage to get it together enough to text Stewart to explain why I’ve ‘gone quiet’. Bless him, he offers to come round and look after me, but right now the only thing I want to see is my duvet.

No comments: