Thursday, May 20, 2004

Double booked

Another decidedly average meal in W@rrington tonight as we head for a meal at the Javed. The restaurant clearly can’t cope with the number of covers booked tonight and food arrives cold, bland and in some cases burnt. Still the lager is flowing freely for those not driving and accordingly it turns into a pretty good affair. Sometimes I realise I actually like a number of my colleagues…

Unfortunately the service is also incredibly slow and so my plans to make it to the end of the Nutsford Vale Public Meeting are thwarted.

It can get frustrating when you make an intentional decision to live in an area and then realise that work and other commitments keep getting in the way of you engaging with the neighbourhood to the degree you’d wish.

On a happier note I speak to my friend in hospital and I'm relieved to hear her sounding more positive. When we spoke at lunchtime she had heard that they were going to keep her in until at least Monday to try to get to the bottom of things. By this evening she seems to be accepting that and seeing the benefit in getting things sorted sooner as an in-patient than being discharged and being left hanging for an appointment. Our converstaion are returning to their usual format of 90% giggling and this can only be a good thing!

No comments: