Monday, April 19, 2004

Sometimes even the www lets you down

More nostalgia today as we passed my old high school as part of our trips out and about. There are small changes, but by and large it looks much the same. There’s not much you can do to improve the look of that particular style of 60’s architecture.

It’s not as bad as some, there is at least brickwork to compliment the concrete; even so it’s hardly “inspirational” for potential scholars.

The architecture of the new high school around the corner from me in Manchester seems a little better. It's still highly functional, but at least a nod has been given to aesthetics. I'm not sure how the feature wood panelling will weather though. I'd assumed google would throw up a link with photos of the new building so you could see what I mean, but the best I can get is this St Peter's.

No comments: