Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Narcissism or paranoia

In passing through Serious Dan's blog, I notice a link to Who Links To Me.

So I had to go investigate, obviously.

The Site entitles itself: Who Links To Me - for the ultimate narcissist in you

Steve L will presumably relate to that claim, but the thing is, in my case, I don't think it is narcissim that provokes me to take that step and put the code in my template...it's definitely more akin to paranoia.

Same with Site Meter, I don't get thrills when I see the number of people visiting this blog each day, I get 'the fear'.

I mean it's ok if I know you...or even just kinda know of you; it's even ok if you're just a mad person who put a weird search term like 'custard powder (define)' into Google and ended up passing through here; it's the rest of you I worry about.

And as for the Bloglines subscribers...well there's names there that mean nothing to me...and a further three of you b@stards are keeping your identities completely private!

Site Meter, Bloglines, Who Links to Me...they all leave me feeling slightly nervous.

Who are you? How did you get here? And why are you linking to me?

And above all: why the hell would you want to read this drivel if you don't know me (or even if you do frankly...I mean it's ok I will still be your friend if you stop)?

I'm beginning to think I may not have the right pyschological make-up for this public blogging malarky...

What do you think? (please leave name, address and details of our relationship with your comment)

No comments: