Wednesday, October 12, 2005

An Old Friend Comes to Call



Out of the blue I get a call from K the other night. Her and M are some of the loveliest people I know, but sadly since they ditched the rat-race of Manchester for the good life in North Wales, I don’t get to see them too often.

Some free-lance work back at her old employer the BBC, means she needs to be in Manchester two days running this week. An excellent opportunity to catch up.

I still feel rather under the weather, but even that can’t suppress the pleasure of catching up with an old friend over a fine meal (courtesy of the good folk at That CafĂ©).

So much shared history over quite formative times in our lives. It’s been far, far too long since we spent time like this.

It makes me realise how much I miss the old gang. Yet again I make the resolution to get better at visiting the various Manchester exiles.

Mind you P&R have moved to the strange village in the Dales where Annoying Colleague comes from...the very thought of visiting makes me nervous…though I guess at least I’d have a strange familiarity with the route (car by car, junction by junction)...

No comments: