Monday, April 11, 2005

Good News!

I love physiotherapists. Well more specifically I love the physio that my Mum saw today.

Apparently she was lovely and listened to the problem and understood. Then, in contrast to what the consultant had told Mum last week re there being no ‘lighter option after the boot’, she came up with two proprietary ankle strap affairs that are meant for just this problem whilst the ligaments heal.

She only had one to hand, in a slightly too small size, but even with that, Mum was able to put weight on the foot without it turning over completely and managed several ‘walks’ up and down the parallel bars (albeit with rests mid way).

Straps in Mum’s shoe size are now on order and hopefully will arrive soon.

This is such amazingly good news, better than I dared hope for. Mum feels that standing is no longer something she will never do again.

She’s happy. And so am I!

It’s so rare to get a bit of good news with Mum’s form of MS. I can’t tell you how made up I am.

No comments: