Thursday, March 24, 2005

Unprepared

I’m supposed to be cooking for various friends over the long weekend. I meant to work out menus and hence a shopping list last night, but only got as far as fishing out my mum’s baked cheesecake recipe.

Even this however, I managed to leave at home.

I busk the shopping, making up recipes in my head as I wander from aisle to aisle. Something is nagging at me though, I know there’s a slightly ‘odd’ ingredient in the cheesecake, but can’t remember for the life of me what it is.

Fortunately my mum is very understanding about the mid-Tesco’s phone call querying “What’s the unexpected ingredient in your baked cheesecake recipe, that I won’t have in my cupboard?”.

Luckily she’s also on my wavelength and knows the answer: custard powder.

Unluckily, she has a daughter who is easily distracted mid-search: “oooh look Chorizo on special offer!”

So that’ll be a trip to Asda for the custard powder tomorrow morning then…

No comments: