Friday, June 18, 2004

A Public Service Blog

Just in case you should ever find yourself in the bizarre situation of having ulcers on your throat, allow me to offer the follow hard-won advice regarding suitable beverages and foodstuffs:

Orange Juice – I know you feel you need Vitamin C, but trust me, this is not the way

Diet Coke – OK I have no idea if this would work, but every time I get near a bottle I just see the word PAIN

Coffee – I’m not so ill that I’d try something that disgusting

Luke Warm Water – never too hot, never too cold and sip gently. Grimace through the pain – you need those fluids.

Turkey Sandwich (soft white bread) – even with the crusts removed this is just too much. However if you remove the turkey and gum the bread/marg/mayo combination for a while it will eventually slip down OK

Soup – ok if a) smooth, b) lukewarm and c) unseasoned

Pasta – you know it looks soft, but…

Ice Cream – now you’d think that would be good wouldn’t you, but strangely it leaves the throat raw and painful

Plain Omelette – the top is OK, but the slightest well cooked bit can be problematic.

Bananas – get ‘em nice and ripe and you’ll be OK

But the handsdown winner? Ready Brek. Warm, smooth and can be made in the microwave – what more could you ask.

I’m not sure it covers all the foodgroups, but it's always good to know you have at least achieved 85% of the recommended daily amount of Pantothenic Acid.

No comments: