Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Curious Incident of the Pain in the Throat

Last night I was supposed to go to book group to discuss The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. However by about midday, I was resigning myself to the fact that the sore throat is not so much a symptom of weekend excesses, but actually in all likelihood the hideous infection that has been doing the rounds of the office.

Oh the joys of climate controlled germ-fest offices. Even the “never taken a day off in my life” types have had a week and more off with this one.

So by 5pm I feel like I’m aching from head to toe and so I head straight home. No book group, no pub, just straight to bed.

Today is no better, I hardly slept for the pain in my throat and my temperature is up and down like a yo-yo.

Here we go.

Prepare for miserable self-pitying blog entries for the next couple of days.

No comments: