Friday, January 30, 2009

Live-Loo



One of the visits that moved me most in my time in the West Bank, was the Crow's Nest Children's Playground outside Beit Sahour.

In a district encircled by an imprisoning wall, increasingly overcrowded and with little open space of any kind, a simple playground provided a small glimpse of hope and positivity.

Since our return, we've been exploring ways of raising money to provide a proper toilet block to the playground (cost circa $10,000).

I'm regularly very proud of my adopted bruv Stuart and tonight is one of those times. He's managed to organise a gig for Garth to play, with proceeds going to the playground appeal.

The turn out of nearly 150 is fantastic and between ticket sales and raffles, around £1500 is raised.

Boy . done . good .

Post-gig a group of us head with the wonderful G&G to the Punjab for a curry. Next thing I know it's 1am.

Just as well I was organised and prepared everything I need for tomorrow's trip to London, presentation thing and overnight stay.

Aw buggeration.


No comments: