Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hair and Shopping

Heading across town from the bus station to my hairdresser's, I plough through the crowds, relieved that I have only one present left to purchase.

Post hair, I pop into the relatively un-crowded House of Fraser, where I find the extra present for my niece that I'd been after.

Trouble is I also found the start of their clothes sale. Whilst many of their lines might ordinarily be far beyond my means, when they do sales they don't muck about. 50% off this, 70% off that.

I've been searching for a simple black cardigan for ages. Unfortunately the perfect one I find in the Whistles outlet, though modestly priced, is not in the sale.

But that's ok I saved serious money on a tailored white shirt and some black jeans, so according to Lori-accounting...

And it's to my eternal credit that I didn't spend the money 'saved' on shoe decorations for the Christmas tree.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh, if we had but known....

Hope that now the madness is behind us, it was all good for you and that 2008 will be a happy year x