Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sleep Deprived



I may have had one or two late nights of late and the odd vodka or ten last night, but it really isn’t my fault that I’m still in bed at lunchtime.

Having fallen into bed exhausted last night, I was woken up an hour later by the upstairs smoke alarm ‘peeping’ in that ‘my batteries dying’ manner.

Groggy and bleary eyed I fetch a chair, clamber up and reach out over the stairs to open up the offending beast. I can’t have been that drunk because I do remember having the very clear thought of “this probably isn’t such a great idea after all those vodkas”. Still it wasn’t going to shut-up so I had little option…

Back to bed and I can’t fall asleep. Eventually I drift off only to be woken up again about an hour later, by the heating switching on and making a rather strange noise.

Up again, I go downstairs to investigate…the pressure is low, so I top it up and head back to bed.

Another hour to drop off again (why is that? I’m dog tired) only to be woken up by a text message from a friend at the airport (to be fair it’s not ‘that’ early anymore).

Back to trying to sleep and…the landline rings. It’s I, who proceeds to abuse me for being still in bed.

Bastard.

He’s starting to stress out about finding the restaurant tonight.

I so don’t do other people’s problems when I’m tired…

I also don’t do:

  • Housework
  • Paperwork
  • Tidying up
  • Writing emails
  • Reading reports
Which is a shame really as they where the things I was supposed to get done today.

No comments: