Saturday, June 04, 2005

Stress-free Festival life



Today I was back to trying to find things to do to help out, the odd errand, the odd bit of helping out with this or that, the odd diplomatic mission, but outside of that (and a small migraine attack early afternoon) I actually got to see some acts and generally potter around the festival a bit. Just doing a sensible amount of work feels wrong somehow.

It’s something of a novel experience.

I have to say I’m enjoying the “not my problem” aspect to it all.

The festival has a really nice vibe to it. Laid back, friendly, easy, no trouble. There’s a good range of acts and a lively workshop programme that spills out from the various marquees.

I’m not what one would call a “joiner”, but even so wandering past a Bhamgra dance class in full swing, watching the development of a drumming workshop, or seeing kids pick up a diablo for the first time, makes for good spectator sport

Having my ‘buddy’ Stuart and assorted other friends to hang out with also adds to the pleasure of the proceedings. I don’t think any of us are used to having such a stress-free life at a festival. It’s small and easy going, with no major traumas…it could all be a little dull really.

But even when the chores are all completed and the going is slow there are worse things in life than hanging out in the Tiny Tea Tent with good friends.

I could get used to this!

No comments: