Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Work days have been 13 hours plus of late, which with 2 hours commuting on top, leaves not much time for anything other than sleeping and eating.

The chief reason for this was manic preparation for today's major meeting. I can't really go into the reasons why, but suffice to say several rabbits needed magicking from hats at short notice.

It's not often you come home from a day feeling distinctly satisfied, but if you'll allow me to wallow for just a moment...

In a nutshell we walked away with significant extra work for the team and right now that feels particularly good. Ever extra mouth that we can feed right now...

Ideally it wouldn't have needed me to wade in and do magic tricks at the eleventh hour, but at least we got the result. I think that's worth the additional stress and sleep deprivation.



I considered it also to be worth a true Shrove Tuesday blow out, so for the first time in years I did pancakes and mighty fine they were too (I've always been a devilish tosser ;-) ). I can also highly recommend the combination of banana and Maya Gold chocolate. Well, no point doing things by halves...


No comments: