Sunday, December 05, 2004

Reality Shows Up



I know it won’t be a popular opinion, but I like Janet Street-Porter (here's some of the reasons!) and I’m sorry to see her voted off I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here (yeah I watch it – so sue me!).

Paul Burrell had risen slightly in my opinions, and one has to admit he’s value for money in a Bush Tucker Trial, but his rather transparent manipulation of the memory of Princess Diana in his final night plea for votes, sends him way back down the respect list.

Yeah I know, I should get a life...

Trouble is 'real' reality, as opposed to that in the shows, is often so unappealing. Half-eleven at night and my mobile rings. M tells me that she was broken into again today. They took virtually everything including what she had managed to replace from last time. This is increasingly bizarre – I mean who steals a loo-brush?

The answer may it seems have been uncovered rather close to home as the police apparently recovered 90% of her stuff from a neighbouring flat (the resident having in the process done a bunk out the back window).

He’s still at large, but M doesn’t think he’ll be back.

If it was him, it would certainly explain how the perpetrator has both times, known she was out and got past the communal front entry security. M thinks the council will negate his pass key in the morning.

As Stewart and I talk afterwards though we share the fear that the council will have to follow standard eviction proceedings, which could I guess mean waiting for a conviction. What happens in the meantime is anyone’s guess.

I don’t want to worry M unduly, but at the same time, I want her to be safe.

No comments: