Friday, September 23, 2005

London Bound



Another train journey and I’m back in London; glowing with virtue for forgoing cheaper, quicker air travel in favour of the more environmental option of the train. Virgin are getting good business out of me this year.

Of course with the usual madness it takes me nearly as long to get across London to my folks’ place late evening as it does to travel Manchester to Euston. Ah well.

Part of me gets a little rush at being back in London, the old home town, the familiar feeling, but then I experience the delights of its appalling night time transport systems and I remember one of the many reasons why I prefer Manchester.

Thankfully a little bit of forward planning means that tomorrow night I won’t be subject to the vagaries of London’s late night attempts at public transport. Well at least I think Steve is a more reliable option…

No comments: