Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Accents

I have a theory that there is a word or phrase in every accent that is just perfect.

For example a Geordie ordering 'profiteroles', or someone from Belfast buying a 'power shower'.

On a similar tip, it's entirely appropriate that Fazakerley is a suburb of the great city of Liverpool and hence hopefully referred to occasionally by the kids from the Milk/Accrington Stanley advert of yester-year.

I've never been myself, but today I came close. After a long tiring day in the deep, dark wilds of Cumbria (it rained. a lot.) I wearily headed off down the M58 in search of Fazakerley hospital and M who had enjoyed the dubious pleasure of having a hole drilled in his head the day before.

As I exited off the motorway, my phone peeped and having pulled into a car park I see a new voicemail message. It's from M, from 10am, but clearly the lack of signal all day has delayed its delivery.

Yes you've guessed it, early discharge for good behaviour.

Eggsaktly...

No comments: