Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meeting Hell

Meeting upon meeting upon meeting.

Today, as happens all too often, design work took a definite back seat, replaced by endless rounds of meetings.

Restructuring the teams, developing strategy, assigning projects and priorities, agreeing processes...all stuff that has to happen, but sometimes you have to wonder how much is actually being achieved.

Didn't we discuss this self same issue endlessly at the last of these meetings?



After work, I swam and swam and swam. The best part of two hours later, my head was clear, my frustrations were relieved and my muscles ached in a satisfying manner.

I would have spent the evening in an afterglow of smug health had I not gone home and finished off the last of Cherry Garcia Frozen Yoghurt and started streaming in an extreme nasal reaction to the chlorine.

No comments: