Sunday, March 21, 2004

The Milkman of Human Kindness

A well needed quiet weekend was rounded off with a trip to The Lowry Centre to see Billy Bragg.

I wouldn’t consider myself a fan as such, but having caught him live for the first time last summer I was impressed. Impressed enough to shell out to see him again anyway.

Included in our hotch-potch group of friends and friends of friends, was my neighbour Peter. Now this is what you call a real fan. I think he has the entire back-catalogue (most of which has managed to make it across the road to my house at one time or other in the last year – all together now “that’s when good neighbours become…”).

It was a grand old gig, despite its rather too polite setting (my last visit to this venue had been to see King Lear!). Value for money too as he was on stage for about 2 hours. We certainly came away entertained and happy; even Stuart, who after some wrangling had eventually managed to persuade the merchandise stall guy to swap the giant size XXL Tshirt he had just bought, for a size down.

No comments: