Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Absence

Apologies for the uncharacteristically long break in my blogging. Life has been a bit busy and stressful and somehow sitting down and writing about it just didn’t seem like a priority.

I did start a few posts, but just didn’t quite finish them…

In fact if I’m honest the chances of this one making it to print are 50-50 at best.

I suppose I really should do a proper catch up, but I just can’t muster the energy. Why don’t we all pretend that I’ve spent the last few weeks living a glamorous lifestyle of non-stop parties, tropical islands and mind-blowing gigs.

Those who know me better will however know that the truth lies rather closer to stressful work issues, non-stop phone calls to hospitals in the south, struggling to find the patience to continue with trans-Pennine support giving, dealing with utter f***muppets behind the scenes of an email group, a roofer that is very lovely, but has the practical skills of a rhubarb crumble (you end up paying him and one or two trips to the Punjab.

Oh I did read a great novel for bookgroup, Ian McEwan’s Atonement. Possibly the best novel I’ve read in years. Absolutely loved it, but even so I can’t persuade my fingers to be arsed telling you why.

I think my creative writing skills have deserted me for a better owner.

I can’t say I blame them.

Still, despite the stress and the worry, life isn’t all bad. Not least because my phone keeps peeping with wonderful messages from some very lovely people. You’re all completely mad mind...but I love you none the less.

No comments: